Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Doing What's Necessary

Check out this article, I think this guy is on the right track. Last night at the Refuge we talked about giving things up to please God.  We talked about how there is a cost involved.  One of the guys asked me, "does that mean I have to buy God a gift?"  I don't know Dan de Vaul's heart or where he is with the Lord, but he is giving up a great deal.  He is opening up his home and risking a lot.  I realize that he has asked for some finances from those that stay with him, but I don't really see a problem with that.

What do you think?

US
A Fight for the Homeless and Against Authority
By JESSE McKINLEY
Published: January 12, 2010
Dan de Vaul, who has made his ranch a refuge for the homeless, faces jail time for housing code violations.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/us/12homeless.html

No comments:

Post a Comment