Monday, June 7, 2010

Questions, Pt. 5


Two weeks ago we talked about God's plan for us.  We spoke about his plan for our salvation.  God desires for us to come to faith in Christ.  In terms of God's plan for our own personal lives, that is a harder question to answer.  The thing is, God does not give us a road map, he doesn't tell us all the things that our lives will entail and each detail along the way.  Why?  Because what if I knew I was already going to get the job that I have, do you think that I would have worked hard to get it?  What if, in high school, I would have already known how my life was going to turn out, what would have been the point of trying, of living?  God gives us a little at a time, because that is all we can handle.  He gives us what he knows we are able to be responsible with.  That can be a hard truth to swallow, but take a look back at your life.  I'm sure there have been times where you had no idea a few months prior that a certain something was going to happen.  What if God would have came down and told you that thing would have happened?  Would you have been able to handle that?  Think about it...

The cool thing about that night was our time of singing.  We sat out on the street in a circle and worshipped together in song.  It was one of the many great moments of worship that I have been able to be a part of.  As I sat and tried to keep up with the guy's singing with my minimal guitar skills, I thought about the quality of singing that I was hearing.  It wasn't about the notes, the melody, how expressive they were, if they had their hands up in a showy manner or anything else that we think worship is.  These men were singing from the depths of their souls.  Singing loud, singing to their God who was smiling and enjoying the praise that was rising to him in that moment.  I wonder if you sing in this manner when you attend church to worship together?  Or is it all about wanting to sound good, not feeling like singing, not liking the song, only liking a certain song, not being impressed with the guitar player today, feeling tired of the organ, or maybe you just aren't the singing type...  It is our privilege to worship our Lord and we don't just do it in song, that is just one way.  Do you see it as a privilege?  Do you know that you were created to worship?  Did you know that your purpose is to make much of God?  That night on the street, I think those guys knew that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment