Friday, July 9, 2010

Changes

It's always nice to have things planned out, to know what is coming, what to expect and how to prepare yourself.  And then, life happens...That's where Anna and I are at right now.  Not in a bad way, but I think we are surprised, we weren't expecting the changes that God was preparing to bring into our lives.  Up to this point, the ministry that I was able to be a part of was what I saw myself being a part of for quite a while.  I didn't expect a change, but God had other plans.

A few months ago we heard about a group of people who for various unfortunate reasons were brought to the decision to step away from their denomination. They were hurting over their decision but felt it was where God had led them. Given what they went through, I agree. They came to a place where they needed a pastor.  Things were discussed over the last few months and God has collided their lives with mine. So, here we go, Anna and I are going to be a part of their congregation for a while and see what God does. I don't know if I feel like Pastor Nick, but that is what I will be. To be honest, I am a little freaked out, but I am also extremely excited and I think now more than ever I am going to have to totally rely on God. Anna and I feel so comfortable with them and feel that God could do something good with this group of people.

I am not sure how long or until when, and I won't even try to guess since we all know what happens when we plan. My life, my ministry and now my blog will be changing. Pastor Dale always says Ora et Labora (yep, Latin again) Pray and Work, and that is what I am going to do. I will seek to be faithful to God's Word, to glorify Him and pray...a lot!

More to come with my new adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment