Monday, April 16, 2012

#MindBlown

So I have not been doing too incredibly well at being a stellar blogger. But, hey what can I say; a guy can’t be good at everything!

Anna and I just returned from a Theology Conference at Wheaton College, entitled Bonhoeffer, Christ and Culture http://bit.ly/o7XDhW. I am still processing it all, however, I am planning to decompress and spew it all out here on this blog.

At one point this weekend, I said to my friend, pastor and mentor, Dale Boston that a part of me felt at home there on that campus. It wasn’t so much the campus as much as why we were there. I have enjoyed and benefited from my time with Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary working on my M.Div., however I did it online. Having done it online, I missed out on the community aspect of the spiritual formation that comes from seminary. And as a great lead-in, I am greatly encouraged, challenged and inspired by Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s writing and life. So this conference and experience for me was really great.

As I said, I will be working out my thoughts in the coming days and weeks. There is so much going on this year for Anna and I that my head is swirling with all that is stirring in my spirit. I graduate in May and as I look back on the gauntlet that seminary has been, it is only by God’s grace that I have made it out in one piece with my sanity mostly intact. Working full-time, going to school full-time, tossing in a few ministries that included an interim pastorate and meanwhile trying to be a good husband has made up what I can say has been the hardest time of my life. I am not complaining, because I think that God shapes and molds us in times like these. But, like Jacob, I feel like I am limping away from my time with God through this.

Reflecting on Bonhoeffer’s life, you can see how God prepared him for things that he would experience later in life, for example how his time at Finkenwalde prepared him for his prison time. It makes me wonder what God has in store for me in regards to what these last four years have been like. God is good, He is faithful and as Bonhoeffer would say, He is FOR us!

…more to come, until then…#mindblown

No comments:

Post a Comment